Types and Quantity of Pets Allowed:
- Most types of pets are welcome with the exception of livestock. i.e. Cattle, sheep, pigs, etc.
- Caged animals such as hamsters, mice, turtles, etc are allowed. However, snakes, iguanas and other exotic animals are not allowed.
- We allow a maximum of 2 cats and/or dogs. For example, you can have 1 cat and 1 dog, 2 cats or 2 dogs.
Landlord can place restrictions on, and/or evict, a tenant if the amount of animals becomes excessive, if noise complaints are received, if pets damage the property, or if the property has a bad odor.
Restricted Dog Breeds:
Due to our insurance policies and for the general safety of other residents and pets, we have to restrict certain dog breeds. Restricted breeds are as follows. No exceptions shall be made.
- Dogue de Bordeaux
- German Shepherd
- Chinese Sharpei
- Pit Bull/Staffordshire Terrier
- Wolf (inc Wolf hybrids)
- Mutts and unknown breed types are also unacceptable unless a DNA test has been performed and the resulting report has been provided to the landlord showing that no part of the animal is any of the above disallowed breeds.
- Any canine that has a history of one or more attacks on people, property or other animals; any canine that has been trained to attack or guard people, property or other animals; any canine that has been bred or trained as a fighting animal. Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other dogs specifically trained to assist the physically challenged are exempted, i.e. they are acceptable even if they are part or pure breed of the above dogs.
- Dog Fee = $30 per month per dog. i.e. If you have 2 dogs, that’s an extra $60 more that is due on top of your normal monthly rent.
- Cat Fee = $15 per month per cat. i.e. If you have 2 cats, that’s an extra $30 more that is due on top of your normal monthly rent.
- There is no fee for caged animals.
- Tenants/Pet Owners are responsible for all actions of their pets.
- Tenants/Pet Owners will be billed for any damage to the property, whether it is inside your apartment or outside, caused by their pets.
- Tenants/Pet Owners are required to pick up after their dog and dispose feces in their trash containers or dumpster. Landlord will bill the tenant $25 for each occurrence in which they neglect to pick up and properly dispose of pet waste.
- If pet feces becomes a problem, Tenants/Pet Owners agree to provide Landlord with a DNA sample from the pet. The sample must be taken by the Landlord, an agent of the Landlord, or a veterinarian. The data will be stored by the Landlord so it can be referred to when feces is found on the property. The Landlord will send a sample of the feces to a DNA testing facility so the data can be compared to all pets on the property. After a DNA match has been found, the Tenant will be charged a $150 fee for each instance in which they do not pick up after their pet.
In order to make this a safe and pleasant experience for everyone, we ask park users to comply with the following rules. Please be a good neighbor and help remind other park users to do the same.
THANKS and have a great time!
- Users of the dog park do so at their own risk.
- Only tenants of Emma’s Acres LLC are allowed to use the dog park. NO OUTSIDE DOGS ARE ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY.
- All dogs must be registered with the Landlord before they can be allowed on the property.
- Owners are legally responsible for their dog’s actions.
- Owners must directly supervise their dogs at all times.
- Owners must clean up their dog’s feces and dispose of in a dumpster or trash receptacle.
- Park users must carry out all trash from the park.
- Aggressive dogs are NOT allowed in the park.
- Dogs must be leashed when outside the fenced area.
- All dogs entering the park need to be wearing a collar or harness that includes a name tag for the dog and contact information for its owner.
- Dogs must be vaccinated and licensed according to local and state ordinances.
- Limit of 3 dogs per person.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed in the park.
- Children must be closely supervised by an adult at all times.
- No playing of football, soccer, baseball or other games which do not involve dogs.
- Owners are responsible for repairing holes or turf damage caused by their dogs. Tenant will be billed by Landlord for any damaged caused by their pet.
- To contact Landlord, call (607) 229-0082
- Dog bites should be reported to the Tompkins County Health Department at (607) 274-6600